Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Adventure #4: Pata Negra House



Sometime last year, I read about a shop that sells Spanish produce. The interesting thing is they also host private Spanish ham and wine tasting. So, as part of our culinary adventure, I set out to organise one for our friends at Pata Negra House.

At the tasting, we sampled different Spanish ham, churizo and cheese. The highlight, of course, was the 24- and 36-month Iberica ham. They both taste distinctively different. The 36-month is much smoother, sort of melt in your mouth and the taste more intense. Towards the end of the tasting, some of us were given a little bit of the 48-month to try. Definitely much better but I think for the price, the 36-month is good enough.

I was so pre-occupied with the food, I forgot to take any photos.  The only one I have (above), I downloaded from the net! 

After the tasting, a small group of us went on to Ho Hak Shan Dong for supper!

Pata Negra House
G/F, Tung Cheung Building
1-11 Second Street
Sai Ying Pan
Western District
Tel: 2527 5181

No comments:

Post a Comment