Sunday, March 31, 2013

Adventure #157: Durians at SS2

I am a HUGE durian fan.  I can eat durian everyday.  So, every time I come back to KL, whether durian is in season or not, I seek it out.  Lucky for me, the durian stalls at SS2 are always open. 

There are 2 stalls at SS2, Uncle Donald and Durianss2.  Both are equally good.  Prices relatively similar, service too.


As this was not durian season (season in July and August), the stands were not fully populated, same for the tables.  

The type we were familiar with such as D24 were not on offer, although Mao Sang Wong was on offer - I passed coz of the high insecticide content associated with it.

Red Prawn was in season and so was only RM18 per kilo.  The flesh was attractively reddish and very sweet. 

We also tried Jantung (the Heart) - which was appropriately shaped. This was more creamy, not as sweet as Red Prawn with a hint of bitterness.

Can't wait to come back again!

1 comment: