Friday, August 24, 2012

Adventure #98: 8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo BOMBANA

G and I have been invited to 8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo BOMBANA (just got its third Michelin star and one of only 3 notaries in the whole of HK) for dinner and I have been looking forward to this outing for weeks! And such is my luck.....the day before the big day, I got stomach flu and thus had to give up on dinner....a tragedy of Shakespearean proportion!
 
Well, my misfortune sure didn't stop G from going.  As some of you know, we are always hungry at dinner (especially G) and so much so that sometimes we (especially when I first started the blog) tend to forget to take photos of the food before we dug in.  Without me there, G's worse! Luckily our fellow dinners reminded him and at least we have a few photos to show (excuse the quality, taken with an iPhone as I wasn't there with my Nikon).   

Unable to give you the full name of the dishes and how it all tasted but G's verdict was that the meal was really good.  So, I guess I will have to try it out for myself! I am going to call and make a booking for October!
 
The dishes had fanciful names befitting a 3 star Michelin restaurant but as G was to busy pigging out, he couldn't remember the names of all the dishes save for the layman's description.  So do excuse us if the dish description doesn't do the food justice.

Lobster salad
Tajima short rib and beef tenderloin - I got this name coz this is one of the signature dishes.  G said very well done. 

Veal cutlet

A ravioli dish

More photos of the desserts, all looked good.

Lemon souffle, one of the best G said he's tasted in his life and well worth waiting the 20 min for

Dessert freebies that came with coffee

Pear tart

 
The dessert G ordered although he can't quite remember what it was because it was overshadowed by the incredible souffle
 

8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo BOMBANA
Shop 202, 2/F, Alexandra House
5-17 Des Voeux Road Central
Central
Tel: 2537 8859

No comments:

Post a Comment