Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Adventure #103: AMMO

Browsing through the web looking for a lunch venue in Admiralty, I came across a fairly new restaurant named AMMO.  An interesting name, not only is it a short form for ammunition - the building housing the restaurant used to be an old ammunition warehouse, it also stands for Asia, Modern, Museum, Original (sounds like they were probably trying too hard)-part of the building is now a Museum of Asian Culture (or something along that line). 

I have worked in Admiralty for almost 18 years and never knew that there is a building at the end (or top) of Justice Road!  So, I called up to reserve a table. Guess what?! They told me the earliest available lunch date they had then was over a month later on 18 September.  And I thought, why not, I'd take it.

18 September arrived and we made my way up Justice Road. 




The restaurant was behind the main building separating it from the hustle and bustle of the city.

The interior which was decorated mainly with copper pipes gave it a contemporary retro look

We ordered the set lunch and they started us with some nice warm bread.  The one made with black pepper was delicious!

I had the Zucchini Trumbetta Gateau with Anchovies and Crispy Mozzarella.  The gateau was ok but I was more impressed with the fried mozzarella.

G thought his Seafood Soup with Rouille Sauce and French Baguette was excellent.

I had the Fettuccine with Quail Ragout and Parmesan Fondue which I thought was very well done.

G's Tagliolini with Tuna Tartare and Yogurt Sauce was an interesting mix of East and West.


I loved my Chocolate Bread Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream.

And this Hazelnut Praline Parfait with Chocolate Sauce was just sufficient to complete G's lunch as he is generally not into very sweet western desserts.


And of course the mandatory coffee.
We thought the quality of food and service was very good and value for money at the lunch-time prices.  We were more impressed with the decor and the location of the restaurant.  Felt like an oasis in the middle of HK. 


AMMO
9 Justice Drive
Admiralty
Tel: 2537 9888




No comments:

Post a Comment